Indoor and Outdoor visitation may occur depending on facility and county COVID-19 case positivity. Please call 843-856-4700 to schedule your visit. For more information on visit protocols please click here.
Posted on November 4, 2020
- November is National Family Caregivers Month. During 2020, there’s been much focus on societal inequalities. Many people have been discussing the impact of racial, cultural, gender and economic discrimination on populations both in this country and around the world. Yet often overlooked in the conversation is another group: the sector of our society who are caring for aging loved ones or those with disabilities.
Posted on November 2, 2020
- Administration for Community Living's (ACL) Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) Program works to empower and assist Medicare beneficiaries, families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report fraud, errors, and abuse.
Posted on October 28, 2020
- October is National Audiology Awareness Month, and audiologists recently shared some important warnings for people who are living with hearing loss. Audiologists are health care professionals who evaluate, diagnose, treat and manage hearing loss. They prescribe and fit hearing aids and other devices. The American Academy of Audiology (AAA) recently reported that seniors who use hearing aids are being negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in several ways.
Posted on October 27, 2020
- This season, every sniffle brings a new level of concern. It can be hard to tell the difference between COVID-19 symptoms and flu. Here's a chart that breaks down the symptoms of each.
Posted on October 21, 2020
- After surgery or another medical procedure, patients often take part in a rehabilitation program to help them achieve optimal healing and function. Rehab helps them build their muscles, regain function, and cope with the emotional and cognitive aspects of recovery.
But what about before surgery?